Say hello and introduce yourself!

Thank YOU for giving your time and knowledge to the cause. You’ve answered several of my personal questions, and I’m certain hundreds more out here. The forum is definitely the way to go now that JP’s Telegram channel has blown up! Great job to you and all of the admins.

2 Likes

Yes it is!
People under 25, it seems to me, can’t read it let alone write in cursive…

2 Likes

Hey everyone. Im Jared, on Telegram my screen name is Jeremiah29:11. But I feel like I dont have to have a fake name in this community! Im excited for the class to catch up to where I am. I have tried installing Linux several times in the past year, but never really got the bug and followed through. Jeff, you totally inspired me to get it done. Now there isnt a bit of Microsoft left on my laptop! Glad to be here.

1 Like

Hi Jared. I just got rid of all my Microsoft too! I got to say, it feels good!! Can’t wait to get rid of the iphone, but still paying on it. I am deleting all my apps though, and just using it for phone calls and basic stuff. Good luck and enjoy!!

1 Like

:rofl: this is freaking hilarious (shades of HRC, as well) great pic.

1 Like

I am so happy to be part of this wonderful group, finding our individual freedoms together in such a positive and supportive way. Even though I have a degree in Media Production and Media Design, I am not techy at all (I have actually been a Therapist for 25 years :blush:). For now I have got myself a raspberry Pi 400 to play with, then I want to switch a newish Lenovo laptop (less than 5yrs old :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) to Linux and at some stage I will dig my Macs from 2007 out of storage. My biggest issue at the moment is, that I am really useless at knowing how to back things up (away from Time Machine or iMazing). So, that’s where I stall. :grimacing: Told you I wasn’t techy, but I am stubborn, so… bring it on!! :muscle:

2 Likes

Thank you for the intro, Fletcher! And thank you for your service! Appreciate hearing your voice here and there, and so appreciate the help the moderators provide! I have a granddaughter (21) who is a corpsman in San Diego and a grandson (20) who is just getting ready to start training in his MOS after graduating Marines end of August (we were there!). Blessings back to you for all you’ve given! Thanks!!

Thanks vasileios! It makes me happy to think of you here in the states, as I was beginning to worry about your health and your sleep (I am a grandma, by the way) since you seem to be up “all hours” with us here. Greece is just a few hours away from here!! Anyway, thank you so much your your excellent help for all of us newbies here! You explain things well! Blessings!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am meant to be here and it’s my pleasure to help in any way I can! :blush:

1 Like

I am humbled as much as I am honored to be in this wonderful country! It has become my home and I am very protective of it and its people. :blush:

As for my sleep, guilty as charged! I have the curse of not wanting to leave anything unfinished. I hear you though. I do my best to stay healthy!

Thank you!

3 Likes

Finally made the switch on a old Asus laptop. Been intimated with converting for over 10 yrs.

Thanks to ALL for pushing me over the edge!

Hello,

Krista here. I am excited to learn all this, but I am stuck! I bought the Raspberry Pi 400 and can’t get the wifi working.

It says “wlan0: Not Associated”. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

hi i just installed ubuntu on a hp all in one that is 8 years old. it works for what i need it for. I’m sure i will be lost until i get training.
thanks for the forum.

1 Like

Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday

1 Like

Hello world! I have converted an old mac mini to Ubuntu Linux, as inspired by Jeff’s forum on Telegram. And also an old Mac laptop. I will soon get up the courage to upgrade my newer Mac laptop, the one I actually use all the time, now that the old laptop is running and loaded with all my stuff. So excited!

1 Like

Hello.

I’m old but new to this forum. I have so much to learn!

I have switched all cables in my home to cat8 and now I’m realizing I should have probably done this first.

So I am here to learn. Thank you SO MUCH for all the passion you have to help others live in a more independent, private, safe, secure manner!

1 Like

I am fairly new to Linux! I found Jeff on Telegram and started following his channel and learning. I am a bit of a computer nerd, so I dove right in and converted over three of our laptops to Linux! I was able to get an old laptop that ran so slow we never used it any more, and put Linux on it! It is now usable. We just had to get a new battery for it.

Thank you for this forum where we can all learn together. I haven’t been brave enough to convert over my main desktop computer. I am using the laptops to learn Linux, to figure out workarounds and methods to use all the software that I am used to using (or find alternatives). Once I feel comfortable with what I am doing, then I’ll get brave :slight_smile:!

2 Likes

Hi, I am Leora. I learned Unix back in the 1980s at MIT while working as an administrator. I do web development, so I am familiar with many commands like ls and chmod. I am new to putting Linux on a PC. I took down two old Dells from the attic today. Let’s see how far I get with installing Linux on them. Sounds fun.

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! It is truly great to have you here on this journey toward your Digital Freedom. For anything you may encounter, please feel free to post a question about it and we’ll be right there to help you through!

1 Like

Hello All. Blessings. Been on Jeff Telegram since he was under 1000, however long thats been. I remember seeing CodeMonkeyZ give him a shoutout. I was mesmerized by the first few posts and stunned by the Christlike back and forth comments from God’s Linux Geeks riffing about all things Linux. I felt like I was in Wreck It Ralph movie with my kids but this is the adult version. Still prepping my 2009 Imac for full conversion to Linux. Will be wiping out a Lenovo Thinkpad couple years old afterwards. Still trying to decide if I want Linux Mint with Cinnamon. Been recovering from loss of my career 18 months ago, savage case of PTSD for 16 months with fibromyalgia, severe adrenal drain fatigue, headache 20-22 hours each day, plus the all day tears from losing my siblings and friends support as my ex covert narcissist wife I didn’t realize I had been married to for 11 years had completely decimated my entire life and my finances and now my kids were gone too. All of this following loss of parents to illness while dealing with a devastating 2 year living together while separated and her emotional cheating with multiple men during the devaluation period for 2 yrs and discard divorce 2 weeks after losing my sales job after 6 years working in an extremely toxic (Narcissistic) small private company manuf with a major client that I had ready to use our new product technology for over 2 years but was unable to sell them the products due to company not able to figure out how to use the equipment. This cost me over $100K of net commission income I wasn’t able to receive. Then suddenly I was let go after a holiday vacation. I am thankful for the suffering I have endured. I know Christ has a bigger plan. I never believed I could lose all of my friends and siblings and nieces and nephews. I never knew how badly an ex-spouse could change in the blink of an eye. I am embracing being completely poor and planning to do gig worker food delivery in coming days. Just battled pneumonia (Covid?) the last 2 weeks. I’m just wanting to be the best dad and father for my 3 young children. Been selling for over 16 years. Praying for the right opportunity. Isaiah 43:2

2 Likes