Say hello and introduce yourself!

Right on! We are the shoulders the industry now stands on!

5 Likes

Hello people!

I successfully installed Cinnamon Mint on an ROG Asus laptop ā€“ and then successfully repartitioned the drive to get back files from a virtual drive I forgot I had set up. Now Iā€™m a believer in bleachbit and other file shredders.

My next steps are to switch my desktop and my phone. I also plan on dusting off an old desktop and making it a work station for my kids with a fresh Linux install.

3 Likes

hello everyone ā€¦ my name is Bonnie ā€¦ i have about 14 computers laying around needing attention ā€¦ I hated windows from the beginning because I didnā€™t like giving up control from the command line, but life happened and I took the lazy way out ā€¦ so ā€¦ in my retirement I am looking for a direction and I have decided to head back to my roots ā€¦

did you know that The Institute of Unfinished Research has concluded that 6 out of 10 people

yes ā€¦ I have a snarky sense of humor, and am so happy to have found this group ā€¦ :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Right. The driver appears to be from 2016. Maybe too old.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Sabrina, This is my first time taking a computer class of any kind, although I have used many computers in my job and at home. Iā€™m not afraid to learn. I started by finding an old computer I had at home. Itā€™s a Sony Vaio Mini. I found out what I could run on it and downloaded Linux Cinnamon Tricia 32 bit. After finding the F12 key I was able to install. So far I have made some changes to my home screen. Although my time is limited, each day I try to find something new to do with the programs. My computer is limited with a 32 bit, but this is a learning experience. I am looking forward to changing all my windows 10 computers.

3 Likes

Hello! My name is Sandy and Iā€™m an American living in Sweden. Iā€™m a computer technician by day and have dabbled a tiny bit with Linux in the past. Mostly Iā€™ve worked with Windows (Win3.1-Windows 10) over the past 30 years.

In the past 3 weeks I have installed 3 older laptops with Linux Mint and a desktop with Ubuntu. Iā€™ve also managed to install Lineage OS on an old Samsung Galaxy S5 phone that was laying around at work. That was an adventure, let me tell you!

Iā€™m here to learn all I can. My plan is to retire from my day job by next July and use this (and my sewing skills) to expand my side business even more (currently selling wool from Swedish conservation breed sheep all over the world).

3 Likes

:wave:t3: Iā€™m here trying to convert my old '08 MacBook to Linux. I havenā€™t had any success yet- but Iā€™m not giving up!! My last option will be to replace the SSD. If I do that, Iā€™ll add some memory as well! It looks super simple to do. Everything I own is Mac and Iā€™m excited to break free from the curse of :apple:!
Hoping to get some good info here to help me in my quest!

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Dan. Was introduced to Linux many years ago as an alternate to those having a strangle hold on users. Finally made the leap after watching the first intro video by Jeff a couple of weeks ago- bought a used Dell laptop and loaded Linux Mint. Very pleased with what I am seeing, but definitely a process requiring lots of time. All good!

2 Likes

Hi there, my name is Kathy and I am a 61 year old ready to rock her Ubuntu laptop, just got a System 76 laptop. I have had two older HP laptops given to me to use as a homeschool project for my grandsons. Going to take them down this rabbit hole with me. Freedom taught at Ninja Nanaā€™s Homeschool!

7 Likes

From Indiana, learning as I go, still testing different distros, feeling overwhelmed one minute and self assured the next. Getting better however. Look forward to learning, and helping if/when I can.

3 Likes

Hello Electronic Patriots!

Stacy in Texas here by way of SF Bay area.

40 years working on computers (DOS thru current OSā€™s) and ready to make the leap to linux freedom- I know enough IT to be dangerous :rofl:.

Have been going down the linux rabbit hole and hopefully this coming weekend Iā€™ll get the old 32 bit laptop onto one of the flavours.

Been addicted to Jeffreyā€™s telegram channels of late & expect to be here quite often.

Hobbies include telescopes & stargazing, gardening, reading and improving processes (from cleaning hacks to work flows). Also, since I was suspended off of twatter, I troll our elected officials with fact based post cards. Hey, someone has to do it cursive.

Am looking to become proficient to help others.

Happy Linuxing yā€™all :grin:

Stacy

4 Likes

ā€œNinja Nanaā€ is awesome!!!

3 Likes

Cursive is fast becoming a code. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Hi Guys,

My name is Cesar, living in Toronto, was in technology for 12 years, then opened a restaurant and became a chef. Thank God for Jeffā€™s chat, which opened my mind and made me realize how naive we are and how much of our lives we have delegated to government and corporations. It is a shame to realize that what we have trusted is our personal responsibility, and the price paid is freedom.
Thereā€™s no point in regretting the past; just learning from it and proactively moving on is the only option.
So far, I am running mint on my MacBook pro and in a ThinkPad Lenovo - I would never go back to macOS or windows (soon nor Android neither). Next, a Linux phone! Letā€™s support the community and developers in open source!

2 Likes

Hi, Kathy, itā€™s nice to see a fellow grandmother homeschooling her grandchildren. Iā€™m currently doing the same with my 6th and 7th grade grandsons. You have inspired me to take my boys with me on the journey to learn Linux. Now, I just have to take the plunge by converting my MacBook Pro (2017) to Linux. I have never felt comfortable with Appleā€™s iOS. Stay in touch; Iā€™d love to know how your journey goes!

4 Likes

Hello, I am newly started. I created a flash drive and attempting to learn. I am a mom who lost my job in May and have been enjoying my summer. A few weeks ago I stumbled into Jeffā€™s Telegram channel. I took some coding classes in DOS in High School and wanted to pursue computers and but let a different direction. I did dabble in IT fixes until Windows made it very difficult in the late 90s. Now I feel like I am starting from scratch but am determined to learn!

I have a Think Pad I bought from IBM when I worked for them in a Mortgage Service company. Itā€™s mother board was replaced in 2013 and in 2019 it finally crashed for good. Almost a year ago I had it rebuilt for $500 and I have been using the open source replacement LibreOffice, works like windows and I love it. Now that I have discovered Linux I am overjoyed. My only fear is loosing all my bookmarks. I tried to find in the Windows tree but couldnā€™t find where it was housed to save it.

Tonight I heard Jeff talking about my own email server, One step at a time. I got to get my data saved first. I have a flash drive that I was able to create the opens on my Think Pad, over my windows program but I canā€™t get Brave to down load. I signed up to survey the Linux course and I am in week two and behind they just post week four so I need to get caught up!!

Once I am up and going I am sure I can be one of those who helps others. I get frustrated just like everybody else. I am so happy to be here.

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Randy Smith. Iā€™m the founder/inventor of an election process to make our elections secure and transparent. My background is inventing solutions fraud prevent for bankcard transactions and ID Theft.

The Voter Key Card is a bankcard turned into a tool to prevent election fraud. Before issuing a Voter Key Card citizens are verified to be alive and legally able to vote in their state of residence. The Voter Key Card is activated like a credit card, only with extra security measures. The Voter Key Card is used at polling location as a 2nd Voter ID and used like at a retail store to purchase a one-time use One-Time use Voting Code. This Voting Code is required to cast a ballot or to tally a ballot.
After votes are cast by paper ballot citizens are given a copy of their cast ballot, their ballot is scanned via phone app or scanner, converted to a PDF and uploaded to the Voter Key Card platform and summarily recorded in blockchain. Citizens will be immediately sent an email/text to confirm the ballot uploaded is their cast ballot.

With our system paper ballots would be tallied at each precinct under the scrutiny of public livestream cameras and with citizens serving as Virtual Poll Watchers with authority to flag any inaccurate vote tally in real-time. When a vote is flagged election would do a public review of the Vote Tally and adjudicate in under 1-minute. A live vote tally for each office or proposition on the ballot for each tally table and precinct would appear on dashboard online. This would ensure the tablet tally is recorded in real-time and could not scroll backward unless an election official reverses a flagged vote. Also a Paper Tally Sheet at each vote tally table will be filled out too under public livestream cameras. The tablet tally and paper vote tally should of course match at each table.

I am posting here because Jeffrey Peterson is a Patriot aligned with many Patriots fighting to expose election fraud. I see building out on Linux Server with Open Source Code could be the way to go to build secure system/platform. Now, my expertise is in designing new solutions to prevent fraud in payment networks. My expertise is not in IT or Cyber Security or Network Security or software programming. I have much experience in writing detailed functional specs with full detailed mockups and app screen wireframes with ample notes spelling out flow and UI/UX for each screen in app.

Visit VoterKeyCard.com to learn more.

I just began marketing my solution via media at Reawaken America events. In August I was honored to be a guest at Mike Lindellā€™s Cyber Symposium. Iā€™m seeking to begin build of architecture, platform and demo/alpha app ASAP. Senior developers and cyber security and network admins interested in joining me to build out this platform please email me at randys@voterkeycard.com.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! Iā€™m living in my RV full time in the Marxist State of Oregon. I live in the Willamette Valley after selling my little farm in Southern Oregon last October. I used to live in Portland for 15 years. Such a sad state of affairs there! I got introduced to Linux by my programmer husband (no longer on the earth plane). We created a Linux server with Red Hat back then. I was in learning mode then and here I am again! I installed Ubuntu on my 2014 MacBook Air that took me 3 days but I did it! I have Telegram and Brave installed and have been trying to install ProtonVPN with frustration so I took a break. :wink: Next will be my 2017 iMac with an intel chip so I will actually be able to install Linux. I would like to try some of the other distros on it. Maybe partition it if that is possible. Iā€™m a little apprehensive on the iMac. It has such a nice big screen compared to the MacBook Air (need to install a new battery). I looking for basic stuff on my computers since I mostly do research, watching videos etc. My first computer was a PC with PC Tools loaded on itā€¦YUCK! I went to Apple after that in 1986 where I could intuitively use the OS. I donā€™t care for social media but I do like the folks on Jeffā€™s Telegram channel. :wink: Iā€™m a retired mental health worker and I also taught a few art classes (MFA degree) at a community college before I became sick and had to quit. Itā€™s so nice to have a community to talk with since my family doesnā€™t agree with my politics and view of the world. However, I live in a really nice RV park where lots of people are awake. Makes all the difference in the world! I live with my 2 Rough Collies (think Lassie) and they are used to me spending hours on the internet. Love to you all! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi all, I am looking forward to this journey

2 Likes

Hello. I am just starting the journey. Somehow stumbled upon Jeff and started listening/watching/reading. I am fascinated with technology but know just enough to be dangerous. Pretty much self taught - so there are many gaps in my understanding. I am ready for the switch and so grateful for Jeff and this community!

2 Likes