Say hello and introduce yourself!

My name is Jason Poirier and I am a new Linux user. I installed Linux Mint onto my HP pavilion laptop (wiped it clean) and I my mind is blown…it is awesome. LibreOffice is awesome and reads all of my word documents… :+1: I then installed Ubuntu Touch on an LG Nexus 5 which is also working very well. Group text messaging isn’t working but this is a small price to pay for digital freedom. One device at a time I am ridding my family’s life of Big Tech Tyranny. I am not particulary computer savvy and had been intimidated by the prospect of diving into Linux…not anymore…YOU CAN DO IT… :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

The LMS subscribers get a personalized invite via email for every Workshop. I currently have the recording - which I will polish and upload it tomorrow for all the LMS people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is a LMS person?

LMS is the education platform that we use to teach people about how to take control of their digital lives. You can find more info by going to jeff.pro

Welcome Aboard, Matey!

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll see what I can find …

Hey! Nice to meet you! Thank you …

Hi new here and just installed Ubuntu on my 2009 Dell Inspiron. Working great. Now need to learn Linux and hope to get into Jeff’s next class!!!

2 Likes

welcome to the first step of your digital freedom. @CherP

2 Likes

Hello, I liked the idea of having a book to teach me about the Raspberry Pi. I really am just in the learning phase right now but I am getting familiar with the set up. Current hurdle of the day is learning how to use the bluetooth, lol. Baby steps for this girl as I am determined to know and understand this system more than any other I have used. In time, I want to have my own website through Wordpress. Currently, I am using wix.com but haven’t been happy there, well, since the beginning. I have been doing almost all of my internet browsing on it, I don’t really want to touch my mac anymore…dirty little thng. lol

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Make it a clean mean Linux machine

3 Likes

Six has a nasty policy that traps people. First, it’s their proprietary way of building websites, which makes it impossible to move away from them. Secondly, they offer 50% off their plan upgrades every year, which end up being much cheaper than renewing your current plan. After a while, however, you will end up at their top tier payment plan with no way to downgrade or move your website.

My recommendation: run as far from it as you can!

2 Likes

Hi Vasileiis, it looked like I can send my domain to another registrar. I’m just a little nervous about doing it. I think I heard you mention Epik is a good one to use. I will study it a bit more before I take the leap. Some of this stuff is a little scary for us slower learners. You guys have been so great, thanks so much!

1 Like

The step is actually simpler than many anticipate. However, I understand the fear of the unknown. Go at your own pace! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I discovered Jeffrey Peterson’s TG channel thru CodeMonkeyZ … I’m very grateful to Jeffrey who is so inspiring and has given me that strength to make that jump from Mac to Linux … Surely not a techie but i want my digital freedom back ! MacOS user for over 15 years and now a happy user of Linux/Ubuntu on a MacBook pro 2012 and i’m loving it.

:computer: :pray:

@dppz

3 Likes

Hello everyone. Starting a new journey for freedom from big tech. Very new to this and found my Dad’s old hp windows 7. Will talk more later as I just go home. Great to be here with y’all.

3 Likes

Good Morning All.
I am Wayne from Cape Town South Africa.
Thanks you for very Informative posts.

3 Likes

g’day all, i’ve been using ubuntu for a few months now, i definitely like it better than that other operating system but i wish i knew more about how it works. i’ve only had a few little things go wrong, i bought a printer and couldn’t configure it for ages, but even that sorted itself out. so yeah hope to learn a few things here to continue my path into FOSS, and goodbye ms i won’t be back

3 Likes

Excited to have found this site. Been wanting to ditch the big tech platforms from computing to mobile for some time. Looking forward to the journey.

2 Likes