Problem loading drivers and programs

I am now on Brave on the HP! Wow, again quite the struggle but worth it! That little bit bad on the hard drive is very small at best, so it was worth the work! I have learned so much but so much of it to absorb!

Thanks again for all your help! So far this has been a great experience in learning.

1 Like

And it has honestly been my pleasure to help out! There is always the struggle, but nothing ever worth doing is easy. :blush:
If you’re available on Tuesday, we’d love to have you on the call!

Absolutely! If the call is at 8pm eastern time, I can do it.

1 Like

Yes, it is. Your trial will be a great inspiration for everyone else out there!

Thank you so much! :blush::pray:t2:

1 Like

I am about to get bold and try to load wine…oh boy, I hope this one works! LOOOOOL

1 Like

It will work. But, if you want all Windows apps to work, you might want to have a tutorial I have for it here :wink::

2 Likes

Oooff … I think I will wait until I have a little more time to get into this one. I’ll pick something a little bit less aggressive for the moment. I will read this thread and do this when i have a little more time to do it. Thanks!

1 Like

Take your time! You went through quite the ordeal today. :blush:

1 Like

Well the next day after getting all what worked on working, this error happened from power up. It sat for a few minutes before more info came out the I left it for 4+ hours and no further changes.

Hello again, Paul!
It would appear your drive is sending you a love letter! In short, I think you might want to replace it. There’s another file-system error up there.

1 Like

hard drive is replaced! SSD is so much better!

1 Like

It’s incredibly better! And you won’t be facing the issues you had prior. :slight_smile:
Enjoy!

was there still a call tonight?

I was wondering the same thing. I just asked Jeff and I’ll let you know for sure. :slight_smile:

The call is for tomorrow, Wednesday, same time. :slight_smile:

OK thanks, see you there!

1 Like

Hello, I’m at this stage of my journey and I am seeing a different message:

help

I’m searching for fixes.

Hey @Vonnvonne!
In order to run a filesystem check, you’ll first need to unmount the respective device. You can do that with:

sudo umount /dev/sda2

Then you can run the fcheck. :slight_smile:
(note, there’s no “n” in the umount command)

1 Like

First, try - in terminal - the following command:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

If there is no error produced, then run:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

If there is an error, carefully execute the following command:

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

Then type in:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

Please let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

In some rare cases, this error may be produced through an abrupt network interruptions. Some VPNs have suffered this the past couple of days.

1 Like