Install Epson WF-3820 printer

no. I just clicked on “add printer”

Ok, I am not very familiar with Liniux Mint so maybe that is how it works with printers.
Try powering the printer off then back on the send a test page. If that doesn’t work then try restarting your computer.
If that doesn’t help then try the other printer that were listed when you Add a Printer.

Nothing worked. the second two gave me cups internal errors

Does your printer connect with a USB cable, network or both?

last year Vasileios had to help me set up my canon printer, which just recently died. He ended up doing team viewer. When I searched this forum to add epson printer, my old posts came up. Not sure why I am the only one having a problem adding printers.

It is connected through wifi

open your web browser and put this in the address bar:
localhost:631
and hit enter.

That will open the CUPS page and may ask for roots password. Try adding a printer from there. Take your time and ask questions here if you get stuck.

I can’t find an option to add a printer. It does everything except that

Did it ask you to log in?

Under adminstration tab it did

Did you log in as root or a regular user?

i did not log in at all. I have never been to that site before

That site is on your local computer. It is the CUPS configuration page. It is NOT on the internet. It is safe to login to the Administrator as root so you can add a printer. Here again, I am not familiar with how Linux Mint operates with printers so you may want to get someone else to help with this. We know the printer driver is installed but now it is just a matter of getting the printer ser up.

it asked for a user name and password. what would my user name be?

According to your terminal prompt your user name is nancy. But I do not know if a regular user will be able to set up a printer. Do you have a root password. if so log in as root and use root’s password. You can try loging in as nancy with your password.

I tried Nancy and it did not work. I have no idea how to login as a root. it’s not an option on the site and I don’t know what a root password is.

Ok, after you have logged in as nancy try to add a printer.

it did not accept Nancy

I mis read that. try lower case n for nancy.

all the same 3 printer options show up. I tried the all and nothing printed. they all had the error that it was unable to locate the printer. I confirmed that it is turned on and is on the wifi