Mint Mobile Phone?

I have seen advertisements for “Mint Mobile”. I went to their website but is does not say what OS it uses. I dont think this is really Linux Mint on a phone is it? Has anyone used it? I know it uses T mobile’s network.

1 Like

I believe it is just another mobile phone carrier.

1 Like

They don’t make cell phones, they do sell them but no Linux phones.

1 Like

I use Mint.
Seems to work fine, but I think it’s just a mobile/data service like StraightTalk.
I am not a tech guru by any means.
My daughter is. Mint is what she uses too. ST transferred my phone number to something else and I was unable to use my phone over Christmas & New years. It took ST over a month to get my number back to me. That’s is why I signed up with Mint. I needed a working number. No complaints!
Mint is ALOT cheaper! I got a deal which cost little more that $50 for 6 months @ signup. I’m happy. I run 2 phone numbers on my phone now because I needed to keep my old number. As for it being “Linux”, I’m not sure it applies. I think once you change your os on your phone, it still should work. But I am tech illiterate. I’m still trying to figure out how to replace the os on a dinosaur apple MacBook 2012 to Linux. I’m a sr citizen so technology isn’t my thing.

1 Like

Thanks to all who replied. This logo sure looks a lot like the Linux mint logo. Kind of misleading.

@Serena I have found that for the most part most of us here are approaching the apex of the hill if not over it, so no worries. @vasileios is there a recommended version for the MacBook 2012, that we could pass along to @Serena ?

Mintmobile is just a carrier. It has nothing to do with Linux Mint, as far as I know, or Linux phones.

3 Likes

@Blueghost05 you are correct, Mint Mobile is owned by, the actor, and Deadpool star - Ryan Reynolds

1 Like

@BigDaveAZ There’s not a version of Linux Mint for any type of pc. It’s just Linux Mint. Many types of pcs can be installed with LM, but they may require some adjustments. I suggest that @Serena look at HOW do I choose a distro?, which talks about choosing a distro, and mentions things related to a MacBook. That should help guide her. She could then click the magnifying glass icon at the upper right, left of the Profile image, and search for macbook. That will display "macbook in this topic (choose that for searching that topic) and “macbook in all topics and post” afterward, if she wants to search other posts.

2 Likes

Thank you @BigDaveAZ.

1 Like

@Blueghost05 there are a few versions on the linuxmint.com website. some lighter weight versions that may be better for a 2012 computer - that is all I meant - All Versions - Linux Mint

1 Like

OK. Thanks. In this work we need to be as precise as we can, since sometimes “close” isn’t close enough. Yes, various versions or flavors of Linux Mint, but not for a particular hardware device. Good confirmation.

3 Likes

@Blueghost05 The devil is in the details!! Cheers!

3 Likes