Asus Aptio Setup Utility settings

Okay, so the kernel is not installed on the (hd1,msdos1). How about the:

root=(hd1,msdos2)

Well, tried them all to no avail. I even tried it as linux /vmlinux just to make sure it wasn’t misspelled. All not found.
OK OK OK. . . Sooooo. . . … I figured I would pack it in for the night and typed into the grub ‘exit’, then it went to the grub menu with all the loading options. This menu is different from the initial install menu. I noticed it was on a countdown to reboot, so I let the time elapse and it turned off then back on again with the LM logo in green, It booted and I am now doing install/update! IT WORKS!!
Thanks guys for all the help! Turning off all the windows junk helped on the bios. There wasn’t anything left to stop it once the boot began!

2 Likes

I’m glad @Paul! And I do find it interesting that it just started working out of the blue, once M$ crap was out of the way!

1 Like

I believe there was something in that second menu that was able to ‘go around’ whatever was blocking the first menu. That second menu was completely different than the first, other that 3 main choices within the menu were identical to the first. I had trouble in another install of a HP and ended up at this menu and did the same thing. I guess whatever was in the BIOS was blocking one but could block the other. Hypothesis of course!

2 Likes