Zorin OS 16

I have Zorin running and its great! Im a very new user and because of that had trouble with Ubuntu and mint. Only because Im a newbie and am trying it on a 10 year old HP 2000. I can tell you its great for beginners. I had slow wifi but fixed that with an Ethernet cable and a few clicks. More than doubled the speed. Lots of apps work great. You came to the right place for questions. They helped me a LOT.

1 Like

Well it’s been a month since I started using Zorin 16 pro and I like it.
The installation on my laptop and desktop are running smooth. I am keeping it as my daily driver. I did have a problem with the default mail app. I could not get it to log on to my AOL account. Apparently AOL does not allow certain programs access I found a workaround by forwarding my email to my Google account and now I have access to both, A little clunky but it does work I’m going to continue working on finding a solution it probably will have to come from AOL until then I like Zorin 16 a lot.

1 Like

Some email providers require you to create a per app password, which means each app uses a different password to login. That is true also for Yahoo. If you do that via your AOL account, you will be able to download everything form it, directly. :slight_smile:

Thanks I will give that a try

1 Like

Ok. I have Zorin Lite on a bookable stick but unsure of the next step to upload it to my laptop. Please help me with my next step. (A super beginner)

@OmaBear55 you will need to reboot your computer with the USB in and

use the recommended BIOS hot key for your manufacturer and set your USB as the boot device, unless you have already done this step

When you are in the LIVE session of Zorin - there should be an icon on your desktop that says Install Zorin. I tried it for a while, but I am still distro hopping for a whole until I settle on the right distro that will give me a better speed on an older laptop. I hope this helps. Cheers!!

2 Likes

Thank you. I will take these steps now. :grin:

2 Likes

I have had Ubuntu for six months, its been great. I just (two days ago) switched to Zorin 16 Pro (they came out with an update) and wow! I love it.

1 Like

I’m also a huge fan of Zorin, I use it daily on a VM as my second machine. Very simple and easy to use for just about anyone, I love it.