Wifi vs tethering Cellphone

I am just curious what others think about this. I installed the Ubuntu package, I believe it was 22.04. I have had hardware issues with getting my realtek ethernet adaptor to be recognized. I got it to work but a few days later it didn’t, perhaps it was a kernel update. Anyways it seems so easy just to tether my cellphone. I have no issues with this and it works great for the way I use the internet. I will still try to work on my wifi but is there a best practice between the two? In the long run is it best to use wifi or tether my phone? Does it even matter? Much appreciated for any feedback.

2 Likes

Hi … Im so glad you asked that question! Looking forward to the answer. Do you need tethering cables? Is there a differece?

1 Like

I was able to use the same cable that I use to charge my phone. A different cable was not needed. In order for it to work I just had to enable the USB tethering option under Hotspot & tethering in my settings.

2 Likes

Thats it.? Wonderful! Ill try that tomorrow.

1 Like

Peter … Using my cell phone charging cable did indeed work for tethering! Thank you so much …

Glad to hear it. It’s been the best option so far for me. I have a desktop so just do this at home so I am not using cellular data.

1 Like