Ubunto doesn't load after power outage!

UPDATE! Posting it in case someone has the same issue. I found a short video in youtube (link below) and following the instructions, I typed: fsck /dev/sda4 and keep entering “Y” (yes) each time I was asked if fix something or not… It worked out! I could load the OS. Seems to be OK. I will update if I come across with more issues, if not. This is it! I am so happy my computer is not fried, lol.

Hi guys! After a power outage lastnight this is how my desktop screen looks like and I have no clue how to make the OS starts. My OS is Ubuntu 20.04. I don’t want to loose my files (docs, picts, videos). How can I fix this? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

You did good … now relax and back it all up so next time … panic is not a thing to deal with under pressure! I know Been there done that and got the t-shirt and had to admit that I needed to back up more often. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @Adry,
It would appear you also need to check your /dev/sda4.
Do so by executing:

fsck /dev/sda4

Worse comes to worst, use a Live USB disk of Ubuntu, choose Try and open up Disks. There you can see your devices on the left side. Select the drive in question and its partitions will appear on the right. Select each one of them (the big bar) and below it you will see a gear icon. Click on it and select Repair Filesystem.

Hi @vasileios I am getting a warning after typing that command… :anguished: