Thunderbird

@vasileios or anyone else that can help. I just turned on my WindBlowz 11 computer and my Thunderbird does not connect. My webmail works. My Thunderbird on my LM computer works. Just my Windblowz machine . Weird!!! it just spins and says it is connected - just no new emails since the 14th. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? and now my FairMail app on my phone is doing the same thing. Cheers!!

Hey @BigDaveAZ!
I cannot tell for sure, to be honest - as it has been a really long time since I used Windows for anything business-like, and that includes emails. WindBlowz 11 has been having issues with the network on every system that I have tried. It’s like it’s trying to load a page, then puts out a failure - and then, miraculously, it continues. Perhaps the OS itself is running checks and blocks anything that isn’t M$ approved?

1 Like

@vasileios - I have been experiencing that as well. However now my LM machine will not access new mail either on Thunderbird. the only thing that works is the webmail that came with. I will PM you what the LM error message is - Windblowz says it is connected but doesn’t bring up new mail. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Cheers!

1 Like

Go to your email domain provider and check the POP/IMAP and SMTP settings. Sometimes they change. And for a while the old works and then they only allow the new settings to work.

2 Likes

@benhamin Thanks!! I will try that. Cheers!!

That’s a good point. I was looking into the Thunderbird developers’ area and this has been happening since 2009. There have been some fixes, but there are still reports out there that say it still occurs.

@BigDaveAZ - can you go to your CyberPanel’s emails list and see if you have the little red banner that informs you to apply a fix for Thunderbird? I remember it was required the first time when the certificate was issued.

1 Like

@vasileios Duuuuuuuuuuude - After hours and hours of digging and hoop jumping, (Terminal would shut down immediately in cyberpanel, ssh in Blowz to the ip address returned a scary error about man in the middle). So in Blowz I tried ssh to the domain name and it conected and told me I had to upgrade to the newest version of Cyberpanel - which I did and now it works perfectly and all is right withe world - OK my teny tiny corner of the world - It is a scary place out there.

1 Like

Hey @BigDaveAZ!
Yes, there are a lot of idiots out there for certain. And if you go via WindBlowz, which is the definition of spyware, you can’t expect anything less than full surveillance.

1 Like