Thunderbird won't sent outgoing mail

Hi, I recently converted my main laptop and I’m running into a lot of problems. I promise I’m figuring some of them out, but…

My thunderbird mail, which I bought from Rob Braxman, isn’t sending messages on the new computer. It was for a few days, then it stopped. Now I get this error message: The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.braxmail.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again.

I checked the SMTP settings. I believe they are correct. I searched online and it might be a firewall? That’s something I haven’t set up. I couldn’t find how to check if that’s the problem or if it’s something else.
Thanks so much for any help.

Jen, I don’t know if this is the same issue… When I moved my mail server Thunderbird stopped working, it won’t take the new security certificates… but if you like to give it a try and see if that helps…

1. remove the email accounts already setup
  2. take out the stored SMTP server (Edit > Account Settings >
  3. click on the Tools > Clear history
  4. exit and open Thunderbird
  5. setup the account again

Hope this works for you!

1 Like

Perhaps try to switch the SSL to STARTTLS and interchange the ports back and forth. Sometimes this can get things unstuck.

1 Like