Support for Linux Users

Hello! I am new to Linux. I’m struggling because I need to keep Microsoft Office for work, but want out from under their grasp! Are there any good IT support techs who can help me create the best-of-both-worlds? I need help setting things up. Maybe a dual operating system…? I’d pay someone monthly for continued support. Some things I just can’t do myself. Thanks! Sunshine.

LibreOffice and OnlyOffice allows users to save (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) files and reads them pretty well on Linux (I am on Ubuntu). Have you tried that yet?

Also, I use Crossover from CodeWeavers.com (yes, it cost $, but is well worth it to me) to run quicken under Ubuntu. You could go that route.

Yes, LibreOffice is a great substitute for Microsoft Office. I was using Microsoft Office with a free account for years at a teaching position I had til I was downsized and then was glad to see I could continue my needs with LibreOffice. I can open and save .docx, .xlsx, pptx files with ease and only had one situation where I could not handle a .ppt project due to it being extremely complex that Libre couldn’t do it. Other than that, no problem. I like that Libre is also all-in-one.

Yup what ^^^They said and there is also open office - but LibreOffice is better and usually on many Linux systems from scratch. If you find you need even more help, than that - email me at QPatriotUSA@ protonmail.com and i’d be willing to walk or talk you through whatever no fees. Blessings, QP

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout to hire someone, I would be glad to help you out as what you are wanting done is within my skillset
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin