Security I had 2 emails spoofed and I need to learn what to do

I am new to Linux. I just had 2 emails to customers spoofed by a hacker. I had sent the original email to the customer and the hacker sent them a revised invoice email directing payment to a Paypal account that Is obviously nothing to do with me. It also introduced another phone number and an email address which are not mine. Both cases very similar. My questions 1 How and where to report this to law enforcement 2 Is someone on my computer 3 how do a) get them off and b) keep them off. I had McAfee working back in my windows days but that is no longer possible. Thank you very much for taking the time to educate me.

Theres the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) in the United States where you can try reporting to.

For future reference, Sophos Antivirus for Linux works great!

Also check your computer for unauthorized access: Review your system logs and look for any suspicious activities or unauthorized access attempts. You can use the auth.log or syslog files located in the /var/log/ directory to check for any unusual login attempts or other security-related events.

1 Like

I greatly appreciate this information and I will follow your advice.