Safer Kids Phone?

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a kids phone? I looked into Gabb Wireless, and I like what they have tried to do, but they get their phones from ZTE… so who knows what the Chicomms have programmed into them… Pinwheel is another one, seems even better than Gabb, but they don’t have any information on their phones, so I don’t know anything about them. Does anyone know if there is a way to set up a degoogled phone similar to this (no internet brower, no social medial, etc)?

What age range?

I can’t comment on the phone situation as I haven’t gotten to de-googling phones but the two best apps I’ve used on android are Qustodio and Our Pact. I don’t see a ‘Linux’ version but they both work on ‘Android.’ But if the kids are too old they start looking up videos on how to bypass parental controls. I use two layer protection which works at home (block kids access to router at night) + parental controls.

Please update as you go along. I am always looking for a better way to annoy the kids :wink:

1 Like

Soon to be 9… when I was a kid there was always the land line… but I haven’t had one of those in 20 years!

Good luck! I’m looking too and will let you know if I find anything useful!

This is a good phone for kids, also doesn’t come with internet.