Recommendations for old Dual Power dopo 10a-bt

Has anyone ever converted one of these? I found an article from 2016 but I don’t think it applies anymore. Any suggestions on flavor, best way to bootload it from USB? SD card? for install. Sorry, have been in this business for a long time, but always on the NT/MS side of life. Taking the Atlas Shrugged approach and refusing to support them at all any longer. They can stuff it.

I haven’t personally tried to convert a system like that. From what I can see, it has an Atom CPU, which is of the ARM architecture, correct?

If so, you can essentially use an ARM version of a Linux distribution. You could give the Raspberry Pi version of Ubuntu a try. You can flash a USB or even an SD card (if your Dopo can boot from it) via Rufus or Balena Etcher. If it boots on the Live version by selecting “Try Ubuntu” when it loads up. If everything appears to be working, chances are it will function nicely.

You can find the RP ARM version of Ubuntu here:

1 Like

OMG!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I have a Pi on my 3d printer running OctoPrint, but never put 2 and 2 together.

Forever Indebted
H

1 Like

Hey @HarryLimes! It’s my pleasure to help, always!
As you will see, putting 2 and 2 together is something that will become part of your daily life - once you start getting involved with Linux!
Enjoy your journey!