Reboot Issues, Is there a fix for startup blue screen?

I just rebooted my 2017 Direckt-Tek all in one computer running Windows 10. Was going to install Cinnamon. On reboot all I have is a blue screen with Restarting in the center. I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard. Is there anything I can do?

Hi Melba!

What you will have to do is hold the power button down for several seconds. That should force the computer to power down. Once it does, you should be able to power it on normally.

1 Like

Thank you. It appears that with no help from me. It’s now a blue screen with a box asking for my password. But I’m not sure which password, as I haven’t been into BIOS yet to boot Linux Cinnamon.

That would be the old computer asking you to log in. Do you know what your BIOS key is?

1 Like

Thank you. Yes. Delete key is my bios.

Okay, power it down again (you may have to press and hold the power button again). And right after you hear it start to turn back on, press and hold the Delete key. Let me know if you’re able to get to the BIOS that way.

1 Like

It would appear that your One-In-All computer has a firmware password to prevent tampering. I’m just throwing an idea out there, but the password itself might be in the instruction manual that came with your computer. Or on a label in the back of your system.

1 Like

I’m in BIOS. After restarting and entering the password while holding down Delete, I am now in my BIOS. I’m so excited. LOL

2 Likes

Awesome! Let us know if you have any other issues!

1 Like

I had considered that possibility as well. Just wanted to make sure! :smile:

2 Likes

I’m just trying different USB ports at the moment. That’s if I’m actually asking my computer to boot from the USB stick.

When I tell my computer to boot from USB stick, I click enter, save & exit. It reboots, but back to my Windows. I do not see Linux Cinnamon. Or when I reboot, is that when I would enter the user password for Linux to start in “live session”?

When you boot your laptop, try to tap the Escape key a few times to see if it comes up with a boot window (which is either direct, or asks for an F9 key stroke). If there is, then your bootable USB will be on that list. :slight_smile:

1 Like