Pop OS warning about missing firmware

When I update I get this warning fromt the terminal.

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/yellow_carp_gpu_info.bin for m
odule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/vangogh_gpu_info.bin for modul
e amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/ip_discovery.bin for module am
dgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_rlc.bin for mod
ule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_mec2.bin for mo
dule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_mec.bin for mod
ule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_me.bin for modu
le amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_pfp.bin for mod
ule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_ce.bin for modu
le amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_sdma1.bin for m
odule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/cyan_skillfish_sdma.bin for mo
dule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/sienna_cichlid_mes.bin for mod
ule amdgpu
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/amdgpu/navi10_mes.bin for module amdg
pu

Can you give me some advice.

I just had the same problem, but got it resolved! Hang on…I’ll find the article.

Try this article. I followed the steps and it worked. I think I may have done each a couple of times (2 and 3) and it worked. There is another article about diagnosing hardware and I ran a memory test first, but it took quite a while so I skipped to the udate/upgrade/reboot and then step 3 then update/upgrade again.

Hope it works for you too.

Hey @DougTheThugg!
And thank you for your great input, @JRose!
Those messages are just an annoyance. They don’t affect the functionality of your system. The only reason they pop out is because your Kernel has all the modules available, but the firmware files were deemed not needed to be installed. Unless you have devices that are not functioning, those aren’t a problem. :slight_smile:
I have similar messages pop up on a couple of my Arch systems, but both computers work flawlessly.

1 Like

Thank you guys for all your help I am enjoying the new freedom from windows.

2 Likes