Number of Copies Option Missing in LibreOffice 7.2

This article was written in response to a query by Shane in the JP’s Technology Chat on Telegram, about not finding a way to print multiple copies of a document in LibreOffice 7.2.

Hi Shane. I’ve just set up my pc again with Linux Mint 20.3 and hadn’t looked at the print setup in LibreOffice yet. So, in response to your situation, I went into LO’s print options. I wasn’t seeing a Number of Copies option either, to my surprise. So I did a quick net search for “printing multiple copies in libreoffice.” I found an article that showed it in the Printer settings when getting ready to print a document, but only when you clicked the “Mor”" drop-down arrow to show more options. I did that, but there wasn’t that option in my LO 7.2 setup (from the Flatpak version). So I checked for “printing multiple copies in libreoffice 7.2.” I found this LO 7.2 Help document, which talked about Number of Copies but didn’t show a screen shot of it: [Print](Hi Shane. I’ve just set up my pc again with Linux Mint 20.3 and hadn’t looked at the print setup in LibreOffice yet. So, in response to your situation, I went into LO’s print options. I wasn’t seeing a Number of Copies option either, to my surprise. So I did a quick net search for “printing multiple copies in libreoffice.” I found an article that showed it in the Printer settings when getting ready to print a document, but only when you clicked the “Mor”" drop-down arrow to show more options. I did that, but there wasn’t that option in my LO 7.2 setup (from the Flatpak version). So I checked for “printing multiple copies in libreoffice 7.2.” I found this LO 7.2 Help document, which talked about Number of Copies but didn’t show a screen shot of it:
Printing in LibreOffice 7.2

So I decided to play with LO myself, to see what I could find. From an article reference, I went into the Tools/Options settings (Options is at the very bottom of the Tools menu list). Alt+F12 is a handy shortcut to getting there easier and faster ! As seen in the image below, in the left sidebar, Under LibreOffice, click on Print. I noticed that under “Defaults,” in the right pane, “PDF as standard print job format” was checked. I thought that strange, as I suspect that most people wouldn’t have made that their default print setting. So I unchecked it. When unchecked it and clicked the OK button, I was surprised to see a pop-up saying I needed to Restart LO to enact the change, which I did.

After unchecking the PDF selection and restarting LO, I went into the printer settings, as if I were going to print the document, as seen in the graphic below. Under the “Range and Copies” section, and clicking the More drop down, I was able to see the Number of copies option.

So that’s how it rolled out on my end. All’s well that ends well, I guess.

1 Like

Wow!! That was great advice. I was having the same issue and it is fixed now, thanks to you.

1 Like

Thanks. I figured that a lot of people would be having that problem, since it seems to be a 7.2/Flatpak situation. I’ve used 7.2 before, however, and never noticed the problem. But I wasn’t looking for multiple copy options, so that may be why I didn’t notice it earlier.

1 Like