No Boot from USB option in BIOS

Hey working on my friends Dell and can’t get the usb option to show

This keeps coming up even after reboot of mint!!

Would any of these be a fast boot?

Hey, @Paul!
I apologize for my delayed response. I’ve been working on another video for the LMS and it has taken quite a bit of my time.

From what I see on your friend’s Dell, it appears it does not have a drive at all! Is it booting anything from - well… anything as it is?

Thanks for responding, no worries, I know you are busy! I am now starting to convert my friends and telling them all about Jeff.pro!! You guys are amazing! That’s your cue to pat yourself on the back!! lol

I figured out the issue during my multi attempt at booting after loading. The problem was I left the dongle from the mouse in one of the usb ports, sooo. . . of course it was trying to start up on that port because I adjusted the bios to read the usb ports first. OOPS. . .YES I DID! I simply pulled it and rebooted the computer and poof it worked! A lot of time was spent on that little mistake! Let that be a lesson to us all!

2 Likes

I had this problem of no USB to choose to boot from installing on a Dell. I followed above instructions and disabled secure boot by switching to legacy. Linux Mint installed easy. My question @vasileios @BigDaveAZ is do I keep secure boot off or switch it back to UEFI like someone mentioned above?

1 Like

Just keep it disabled, @myundividedlife. Linux doesn’t get rootkit viruses, so there’s literally no need for Secure Boot. I have it disabled on all my systems and haven’t even encountered a shred of malware on my linux machines. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with @vasileios - just leave it off. I hope all is going well. Happy Thanksgiving.

2 Likes