NextCloud/debian setup from LMS

Hey all, I am trying to do the next cloud hub II from the courses but I cannot seem to get something right. I have my domain pointed at my public IP and my router forwarding http and https to the correct IPs but I cannot connect. I have been gone for a while but I noticed that @vasileios account is no longer active. What happened, if I may ask, and if anyone knows.

Hay Dave …was in the LMS workshop today and Jeff mentioned that Vasileios was involved in some major production that required his full focus … at least we now know that “Aunty Teafee” didn’t get him … :thinking:

true dat!! I have done the NextCloud Hub tutorial and I cannot reach my server from anywhere - even with the ufw totally turned off. Any ideas? Cheers!

No, Dave
I can’t be of any help there … I’m still fighting with Vmware , “boxes” and such … all has been shoved to the back burner lately as life has reared it’s ugly head… been mainly focused on auto towing … replacing starter … and replacing old blue …250 k miles … sad been in the family since 1999 … and they want more for the one I’m looking at than what I paid for the first house I built … :frowning_face:

DAAAAMN!!! Sorry to hear that. Life does have a way of rearing its ugly head. Have a Merry Christmas. Cheers!!

Thank You Sir! … And a Merry Christmas to you and Yours also !! …and may we All have a “Great New Year” …

I might be able to help you out some. It sounds like you have your NextCloud set up on a server in your home.

Did you check any firewalls rules on your router? You may need to allow port forwarding in your routers firewall settings. I do not what router you have and they vary so widely it is hard to give instructions on what to do but this could be a what is preventing access.

@Shane - sorry I have been up and down for the past couple of months. I am using the Nighthawk mesh system and a netgear cable modem. I have setup the port forwarding on my mesh router, the UFW is turned off on the server and I still cannot get to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am great at following directions - you let me know what you need to help and I will let you know. Thanks.

At this point, I am going to start again from the beginning and not do any of the steps for configuring it to be accessed from out side and I will take it from there.

@Shane or anyone else for that matter, I am much closer to being on the mend, now.
I restarted the LMS NextCloud HubII class from scratch on a “new” computer and after I followed the step on page 19 that reads

sudo a2enmod rewrite headers env dir mime setenvif ssl

is when I can no longer reach my site.
I am also getting an error that reads

Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server…
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus apachectl[51416]: AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/etc/apache2/\xe2\x80\x9c/var/www/nextcloud\xe2\x80\x9d] does>
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus apachectl[51416]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/nimbus.mycirrus.xyz.conf:
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus apachectl[51416]: error in condition clause
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus apachectl[51413]: Action ‘start’ failed.
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus apachectl[51413]: The Apache error log may have more information.
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Jan 26 14:03:38 nimbus systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.
lines 1-16/16 (END)

Line 6 is

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/nextcloud.access combined

I am at a complete loss as just before I did the en2mod I could access my website from another computer on the same network, no problem. Now, no dice.