New to beginners class

support@jeff.pro , our help desk always has someone monitoring!

Thank you to all that responded! :slight_smile:

That depends. Generally support@jeff.pro works. If it’s a technical issue that I can personally address, you can PM me here. :slight_smile:

It is difficult to get back to the Beginners Class. Jeff didn’t email any instructions on accessing the course, and I had to learn by trial and error that I had to create a new user separate from the forum account, and even after all that, after navigating away from the course or using a different device, it’s difficult to get back in.

Hey, @NanauqB and welcome to the forums!
Did you receive the email that includes your credentials for the LMS (Learning Management System)? They have a tendency to end up in the spam folder. If you haven’t and still don’t have an account, please send an email to support@jeff.pro so that I can create one for you.

However, if you do have an account setup, then you can login via https://lms.jeff.pro.

I installed Ubuntu budgie on my MacBook Pro 2011. I am trying to figure out why my WiFi isn’t work. It looks like it doesn’t see the card. How would I go about finding the right driver? I found something in the forum but it’s hard to read and I am not understanding the instructions.

Also does anyone know a trustworthy vpn that would work with Budgie? I have Surfshark but cannot get it to install. Although Surfshark says it works with budgie, I don’t think it does because it can’t find the install package.

I really like budgie but maybe I have the wrong distro for this machine. Any thoughts? This machine has an intel chip.

Update: got a little help from my friends in chat. Got my wireless working, me vpn is installed but I need to do a bit more work on that, and I got brave installed.

Hello @cshocklie and welcome to the forums!
Can you please open up a terminal window and execute the following command?

lspci

And press Enter. Then, please take a photo of the output and send it over (you can drag and drop it in your response window) so that I can see which WiFi module you have - so that we can get it running. :slight_smile:

Hi-I got my WiFi card to work. I needed to install the driver. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello can you please help me? I signed up for thr class. Now I can’t log in. States invalid password? The Blog and the class are two different log in’s or the same user name and password. Thanks. Nothing goes easy for me :frowning: Thanks :slight_smile:

Normally you shouldn’t have a problem with sound on Linux Mint. I’d ask if you have sound on YouTube videos. If you do, or you have sound on other sites, then perhaps something was just off in your session today. You can open the Sound app in LM and see if your devices show as being available and working. You might try a reboot, in case something got mixed up somehow. Be sure your speakers are turned on, if they are powered, and plugged in. Sometimes we forget we unplugged a speaker for some reason. Or maybe it was set to a bluetooth speaker and it wasn’t turned on, or it didn’t connect to bluetooth. Do some troubleshooting. Check out all of the things that would be necessary to make your speakers work. Think about the essentials that would have to be working correctly to make your speakers work properly. You could also so an internet search for “sound not working in Linux Mint.” The internet is usually your first and easiest way to get answers fast. You don’t have to wait on someone to answer your questions. Very often they’ve already been answered in some place on the net.

1 Like

Hey @Sunshine!
Apologies for not spotting your message earlier.
The best way is to send a message to support@jeff.pro, so that we can see your email and check your actual credential directly inside the LMS and see what is causing your issue. :slight_smile: