Need help to demolish a computer OS

I’ve got an old computer with Windows OS on it. Got it in China years ago, probably 2010. It seems to have an indestructible admin password on it. I’ve done everything possible to get around that password. I’ve seen every video, read every list of instructions, etc. Spent three days trying to break it. All I accomplished was to take the Windows OS down to it’s bare bones and into the boot sequence, but when I try to install Linux I can’t. When faced with total annihilation, the message always seems to be the system is in use and the requested action is impossible. I need a sure fire way to demolish the Windows OS without this admin password. I never created the password and I can tell it was put on there before I got the computer. I don’t even want to get around the password anymore. I just want to completely crash the system so I can load Linux. Any ideas?

I love the idea smashing the OS to smitherines! But, alternatively you could buy a new SSD or HDD and swap out the old one. Or even put it in as an additional drive and put Linux on it.

Bear in mind though that the older premade machines can be a royal pain getting to the hardware. There will probably be 17 different panels and plates that you’ll have to remove, and 5,000,000 screws you have to take out in order to get to the hard drive. I’m exaggerating, but you get the idea. lol

Good idea. I’m still going through my pile of old machines. Once I work to the bottom, I’ll try the new SSD or HDD idea. It’s a thought!

I just remembered that it could also be a hardware lock on the motherboard itself. If that’s the case, you might not be able to do anything. Do a web search for the model of the machine and put “hardware lock” in with it to see if anything comes up to be sure.

Thanks, I’ll try that. I’ll let you know what I learn (probably in a few days). Appreciate the suggestion.