Mind Mapping. Apps that allow expression of thought (Group Brain Storming)

I currently use MindManager. It is an app that allows brain storming in logical expression of thought for business and personal uses . Creates maps of thought (brain storming) on hierarchy as well as paths of thought concerning subjects. Let me know if anyone knows any mind mapping software (best i have ever seen was “TheBrain” windows based of course).

1 Like

Just found XMind, it is a paid application, but works across all platforms. Not open source though.

You can use the site in the link above to find others that might be better suited to your needs.

1 Like

Thanks I will check that out

1 Like

Have a look at VYM- View Your Mind

It is free and available through the software manager on Linux Mint. There were a few other similar products in the software manager as well, but I have not used those

3 Likes

I have used #5 Freemind, on windows for years. I haven’t tried it with Linux yet.

3 Likes

There is a version of Freemind available in the Ubuntu Software app. It has a nice export feature to export to OpenOffice Document format which works very well for outlining writing projects. I used to use MindManager but it became so bloated over the years. Did have good template feature though. I have moved to a more text best outliner called Dynalist. What I like about it is that it handles OPML files like MindManager so I was able to preserve my work from MindManager by exporting files to that format. Good luck!

2 Likes

FreePlane is available in the Mint package manager and software center. I haven’t tried it but it looks pretty good.

1 Like

Tried FreePlane. Was pretty simple after watching video… however seemed to have issues offline… was pretty interesting that it offered passwords on subjects/topics… but appears it flaked out when not connected to IE… I look forward to some others!!! Thanks friends for the suggestions!!! look forward to the next one!!

That is next on my list. Thank you. FreePlane… not so much. Anyone have good experience with FreePlane please post… I might have just had a glitch or two.

1 Like

I use TheBrain https://thebrain.com/ - No LINUX version! It’s a shame!

I just checked with “TheBrain” . They have no plans for a current version, but they do have an older version available for LINUX. Version 8 found here Download Old Versions of TheBrain

2 Likes

Nice Find!! Thank you!

hello,

http://www.buildyourmap.com/

mindmapping in 3d and knowledge base.

1 Like