Lunix Manjaro Distribution

I am running Manjaro on my desktop. It is an Arch based distro. The Arch tree has typically been considered made up of Lunix power user distros and usually more challenging to use than Debian based distros like Ubuntu or Mint. But Manjaro has changed this and is considered a very beginner friendly distro.

I am using the Budgie UI and it makes for a very nice clean desktop. Budgie is a newer UI originally launched as an Ubuntu environment but is now becoming available for other Lunix distros. Manjaro also comes in the popular GNome, KDE Plasma and Xfce environments. The photo is my desktop in its current configuration.

I am enjoying using Lunix Manjaro Budige so far and it so much cleaner, more organized and less cluttered feeling than I remember Windows ever being.

3 Likes

I really like the KDE Plasma version of Manjaro. The Yakuake terminal is really nice! Press F12 to show or hide it. No shortcut on the panel, no pressing Ctrl+Alt+T to bring it up. Just one key. Seriously considering overwriting my Linux Mint.

Although, you can install Yakuake on most other distros, which is cool.

1 Like

I truly enjoy Manjaro! I use it on one of my laptops.

One great advantage it has is its AUR (Arch User Repository), where you can find a lot of great applications. However, this could be a source of malware too, so it’s important to get to know how BUILD files are structured.

I have now installed Manjaro as dual boot with Kubuntu as the original Distro I was using. I like the feel and look, but feel as though I am starting all over. The commands in Kernal seem to be different?
I had a heck of a time getting the VPN installed, but in the end it was easy. Just need to turn that grey matter between the ears on :slight_smile:
So thankful for all the assistance from this forum!

1 Like

Vasileios, I’m still trying to find the LMS class in which you covered KDE Plasma on Manjaro. Do you know which one it was? Someone told me it was 11/27/21, but I can’t seem to find that class. Do you recall the name of the class or the number? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hey @famcoll,
You might want to check Course 28 where we have a look at Linux Distros and package managers. I think this might be the one you’re looking for. :wink: