Lost bottom bar and LM button etc

I am trying my linux mint xcfe again and I lost my bottom bar and Lm button and everything except desktop. I fortunately have got it back again via the restore/time? app but that was very long winded. I saved a brave icon to the bar and then decided to move it and did something wrong as the whole bar disappeared with lm button etc. How should i have retrieved it easily?
Thanks

If you push your mouse to the bottom of your screen where the panel was, does it show up?

If you accidentally remove the bottom bar (also known as a panel or taskbar) and the Linux Mint (LM) button in the Xfce desktop environment, there are a few steps you can take to easily retrieve it:

1. Right-click on the desktop: Right-click on an empty area of the desktop to open the context menu.

2. Select “Panel” or “Add New Panel”: Look for an option in the context menu that allows you to add a new panel or restore the panel. The exact wording may vary depending on the version of Linux Mint Xfce you are using.

3. Configure the panel: Once you’ve added the new panel, you can right-click on it and choose “Panel Preferences” or a similar option to configure its settings.

4. Add the LM button: In the panel preferences, look for an option to add items or applets to the panel. You should be able to find the Linux Mint (LM) button or menu applet. Add it back to the panel.

5. Customize the panel: You can further customize the panel by adding other desired applets, such as a taskbar, system tray, or application launcher icons.

Let us know if that fixes it for you!

2 Likes