Looking for Outlook on Linux

Just installed Prospect mail for Linux on my Mint machine. Installation was simple and it works like an old version of ICE. Props to Julian Alarcon for making this emulator. Anyone looking to switch to linux but loves their outlook you should give this site a look.

https://snapcraft.io/prospect-mail

3 Likes

I’ve been using Thunderbird forever. If anyone is open to a new email client, check it out.

3 Likes

I use Thunderbird as well and it is my daily driver on Linux Mint. I would like to get the calendar integration working a bit better - I think I need to switch to a new calendar provider.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what functionality are you looking for?

I want to attach to google calendar to start with with edit capability like I have been on the Android Calendar (Samsung) and the Apple Calendar App. Then I want to switch to another calendar server (or host my own) which I can subscribe to from my various devices. I just haven’t figured it out yet. Thunderbird used to have this ability with a plugin (Sunbird?) and I used that for a while, but, the main branch absorbed that ability and I never got it working quite right.

1 Like

Interesting… yeah, I can see that Google Calendar functionality being useful for a lot of people.

1 Like

@Caleb_Christian did you ever find a calendar app with the functionality you were seeking? I am looking for the same thing for a family shared calendar that we all can look at/edit from their own devices, so we all know what is going on. Thanks. Cheers!!

1 Like

I believe NextCloud will solve the calendar issue for you, as it hosts its own and can be synced with multiple users and devices. :wink:

2 Likes

I have experimented with using the calendar features of my email provider to replace the Big Tech one. I have experimented with Thunderbirds add in as well and am not quite satified. I have decided to go with @vasileios suggestion and setup a NextCloud server. I have been clearing my schedule and working on some hardward problems and and hoping to be a little bit more responsive in increasing measure. Idealy, I would like to setup both a VPS and and at home version with the appropriate secure and hardened connectivity. I will keep you posted. I want to eventually get it so my family can use it too!

2 Likes