Looking for an app that can convert MP3 audio to MP4 video

My wife is recording original audio files to share with her blog readers. She simply inserts a mp3 file link in the post and it populates as a little player. Is there a Linux program that she can use to easily take that file, add a single image, and turn it into a video file she can upload to Gab TV?

Saying the word ‘app’ makes me think phones, but if you are talking on a computer then I got two for ya…both FOSS (free open source software) - easiest would be OpenShot Video Editor | Download

and the other that can do more for editing videos or complete movies is Shotcut - Download which again is more complex but several online tutorials as well. Really want high end look into Davinci Resolve, but MAJOR learning curve there for sure.
Hope this helps. QP

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s exactly what we’re looking for. OpenShot has a simple interface and does exactly what we want. We tried it and are convinced. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @DavidBorrink!
What @QuriousPatriot mentioned is a very good option. Another one would be to install KDEnlive (from the software center), which - in my opinion - is easier to use. She can then export the file from there as an h264 MP4 one and upload it wherever she needs to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to know. We just uploaded several podcasts she did on her web site after converting them in OpenShot and she loves it. Nice and simple and it does the job.

2 Likes