Linux mint can't see my windows external drive

Is there a way my windows external data visible and accessible in Linux mint? Im stumped.

Hey @Space-1!
Yes, Mint can see all Windows-formatted drives easily. All you need to do is connect it and it will appear on the left panel of your file manager - with an eject icon next to it.

Yes, I see the drive but I cant see the files in it.

Do you still have window installed and are dual booting? Did you encrypt it in Windows? If so, boot window and check drive contents are still there. Eject the drive properly and unplug in Windows. Reboot to mint completely, plug drive back in again and check it.

Maybe run sudo apt update in terminal before plugging in to make sure there isn’t firmware update for your machine.

1 Like

I really appreciate your quick responses. Yes, I have dual boot, Windows 10 and Linux Mint. I did as you suggested. And the WD Workbook had an F drive that was preventing me to acces the G drive my storage data in Linux. I removed the security feature and the F drive disappeared and the G drive remained in the work book. I shutdown windows and booted into Linux then plugged in the external drive and linux detected the drive and loaded all my files. Thanks again for the assistance. My brain is not as good as it used to be. Cheers!

2 Likes