Lenovo Think Pad(s)

Hello … I have two Lenovo computers that I am playing with. I do not know how to get into the BIOS to change the boot order. They are both ThinkPads but one is Google Based :frowning: and is part of their “Education Series” it doesn’t have ANY “F Keys” … The other (also a ThinkPad) has “F Keys” and is Windows based. Does anyone have any idea how to get into the BIOS or have a link that will help? THANKS IN ADVANCE - Bonnie

I suggest going to search engine such as brave, vivaldi, firefox, type in f key for Lenovo Thinkpad Module XXXX In the xxx put in the model of your think pad and see what you find in your search. I have not had that fail me yet.

Best of luck, you should find your answer.

1 Like

For the non-google ThinkPad, you should be able to use F12 at startup to go directly to the boot menu. From there you can select the device that you need to boot from.

You can also use F1 to get into the BIOS and change the boot order if need be.

For the Google Education one, it sounds like its a Lenovo Chromebook. There are only a handful of Chromebooks that can take a Linux install. And even then there can be issues with sound, internet, etc.

One of the other admins and I have tried – without success – to get Linux on our Chromebooks. I was halfway successful with mine, but could not get the sound to work.

Please let us know if you have any problems, and we will do our best to get you sorted!

Hi. I have Lenovo, I have to use the escape key to get to bios. Wait until you see the logo and then hit escape. I have also heard some people need to hit their escape key continuously but I don’t on mine.

Hi Bonnie. I recently put Linux Mint on a Lenovo ThinkPad. For my machine, I had to press the space bar during bootup to get into the BIOS. Hope that helps!
Good Luck!
~ Linda aka GigglingGypsy

1 Like

SO I ran across some issues doing the same with my Lenovo. Here is a basic article from them - Lenovo - that helped me, bc I loaded it through Windows (before I nuked it) Recommended ways to enter BIOS - ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation - Lenovo Support CA I hope that helps.