LCARS Desk top from Star Trek

I have seen the LCARS computer desk top from Star Trek on YouTube but have not been able to find any information weather this is a viable option for Linux/Zorin. Has anybody seen this?

Thanks

UB

Hey, @Ubdavis!
This looks like a job for the Conky application, though it will require a lot of tweaking. In short, yes, it’s possible to run it on a Zorin Gnome desktop, but it will need a lot of tweaking and grabbing (and processing) image portions of the actual interface & then place the necessary modules with their respective fonts.
It’s doable, but it will take quite a bit of effort.

Vasileios, thanks for getting back to me.
The LCARS desktop is on my wishlist being a long time Star Trek fan.
I am currently working on the LMS videos and I am learning a lot.
I started with computers using a Compaq 286 and DOS 3.2 so I am comfortable with the command line. I have Zorin 16 PRO running on my laptop and desktop and I have ISH on my iPad to practice with. I also just learned how to install Microsoft Visio in Wine and it’s up and running. I would also like to thank you and Jeff for all your hard work and support.

Freedom

Robert J. Davis
ubdavis@alo.com

2 Likes

Here is my first attempt.

x-special/nautilus-clipboard
copy
file:///home/bob/Desktop/Screenshot%20from%202022-07-12%2014-01-18.png

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Thanks again

1 Like

My pleasure!
Perhaps these resources will help you:

Ignore the exe file. The others should include the UI graphic elements for you.

Thanks I will give it a try

1 Like

@Ubdavis please share with the class when you finish. I am sure we would all love to see it.

1 Like

@BigDaveAZ this is not a class but rather a personal project and I might add a very long term effort.
I have some programming skills but LCARS is going to be at a whole different level
Thanks for your interest

UB

2 Likes

@Ubdavis Sorry- I was being flippant. Like when a friend you are hanging out with puts a piece of gum in their mouth and you say, “Did you bring enough for the whole class?” Just my odd sense of humor but please, I am serious if you get it to look right and you would like to share with the forum here - please do - I for one am interested. Cheers!!

2 Likes

I got the joke but not until I posted my reply

2 Likes