Ipad user seeks new tablet

Hello, I am a beginner and have never used Linux. I am currently an apple user. I use an iPad for my business and am very disappointed when I need to replace the iPad every 2-3 years just because of the battery life etc. I need a new tablet now, and I do not want to purchase another iPad. Can I use Linux on a tablet ( not iPad) and still install the apps I need? If so, please explain how.

I have seen the list of Linux compatible tablets and am fine with them as long as I can install and use the apps I need which are on the app stores.

Here is one. There are several available. From RasPad to upper end, serious iPad contenders.

1 Like

Here are more…

I like the Jinga

Interesting, thanks for the reply. How do I know if any of these will load the apps I need. ( I know nothing about Linux and whether apps from apple are compatible)

Apps from Apple won’t be compatible. However if the same apps are available for Android they likely will. Linux is a bit of a learning curve. It can be as gradual or steep as you want it. Lurk around the linux channels. There’s a wealth of information in there. When I find something I might want to revisit, I forward to Saved Messages. Ask questions here and in the channels. There are a lot of good folks in this community more than willing to help. You’ll be an expert in a couple of months.

Looks like the Jinga may no longer be available. I would probably buy one if I can find available. If it works as advertised it would serve my tablet wants perfectly.

1 Like

I agree. They seem to have lost their sale site. Too bad.