Install Mint on Windows system - set up for Dual Boot

I will give it a try. Thank you so much for the help!

1 Like

Itā€™s my pleasure @analyst1776!
I believe that after Monday, and for a few days, Iā€™ll be more available. Until the next LMS about a personal Network Storage Server and Cloud Server comes along. :laughing:

1 Like

I have successfully installed Mint on my HP laptop. Thank you @vasileios for pointing me in the right direction. It was a bit tricky, first I had to figure out how to disable RST in BIOS. Then I had to decrypt the existing file system on the drive. Iā€™m very relieved to have figured it out. I now dual boot setup on both my IMac(Ubuntu) and HP(Mint). Iā€™m looking forward to developing my Linux understanding and capabilities over time. Next up is figuring out how to get a de-goggled smart phone!

1 Like

Congratulations @analyst1776! Both Secure Boot and Intel RST can be quite the troublesome elements. Especially the latter one. Bravo on getting it done!

Great thread, thanks. Iā€™ll see if thatā€™ll work on my second computer. Installed Linux for the first time on one of my laptops. Was trying to do the dual boot thing with Windows just to get the feel of it and all that you know. Never used Linux before and for some reason I couldnā€™t get it to dual boot so I had to just install Linux which went fine. On the second laptop though, I really want to keep windows on it. I use Windows to flash phones and stuff and some stuff only works with windows. Hopefully thatā€™ll change in the near future. So hopefully these hints in this thread works for me too. Oh I found this from your telegram channel.