Install brave for linux cinnamon 19

Trying to find a way to install Brave search engine for linux cinnamon 19. As I have tried some of the commands that were suggested, they seemed to take me right back to the brave website where I started.

Is there a any way to install Brave for linux cinnamon 19 or is 19 the odd system out for the Brave browser?

Holly

Okay let’s start at the beginning since I am not aware of your tech level.

So please let me know first - You said in your comment you tried SOME? That part got me, because you must do ALL steps and in order (which is one of the things techies forget about explaining to newbs (not saying you are :wink:) who are not familiar with Linux commands.

Secondly, you are in the command terminal when using the command correct?

I went to the Brave site and screen copied the commands and made instructions and a lil notes. But since it is a picture - it’s for directions (won’t allow you to copy and paste)

Go back to the Brave site to highlight each COMMAND line - right clic and COPY (to copy line) Then use again right clic & choose PASTE - to paste into Mint Terminal one at a time - hit ENTER

MUST DO ALL, remember

1 Like

Hey @Holly and welcome to the forums!
@QuriousPatriot’s instructions are correct.

However, I see you are using Mint 19. Is it the 32-bit version? If yes, then Brave will not work, as it’s only for a 64-bit system.

The way you can find if you have a 32-bit system is to open up a terminal and execute the command:

uname -a

Press Enter at the end of the line. If - in the results - you see X86, then you have a 32-bit system. If you see an X86_64, then you have a 64-bit system.

As a “fast” route, you can utilize a script we have up, to automate all the commands for Brave installation on an Ubuntu/Mint/Zorin/Debian distro:

2 Likes

Just did this today. I had to use the command line, as per QuriousPatriot.

Here are the commands

$ sudo curl -fsSLo /usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring .gpg https: //brave-browser-apt-release .s3.brave.com /brave-browser-archive-keyring .gpg

$ echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources .list.d /brave-browser-release .list

$ sudo apt update

$ sudo apt install brave-browser

Here is the link for more details: Install Brave Browser In Linux Mint - Step-By-Step Installation - LinuxForDevices

1 Like

I literally saw your wonderful script, AFTER my replies of course. Thanks for all you do Vas!

1 Like

My pleasure, @QuriousPatriot! :wink: