How do I install ProtonMail on cinnamon

Hi there, I think I managed to add ProtonMail (bridge)? to my downloads but can’t figure out where to go from there. Terminal?
I also have a g mail account that I would like to transition away from but have had it a long time and have many things connected. Any suggestions simplest way for a newbie to start this process? Have heard Thunderbird is good but since I already started proton which would be simpler as this is still like a foreign language to me. :blush:

Since you are on Mint which is Ubuntu(.deb) based. You can use the Terminal for the install, in fact thier instruction are for the terminal. I think I read somewhere the the “Gdebi” GUI on Mint was quirky, idk.

As for gmail, so long as you know your password, I would use it in a private window from their webpage however it can be setup inside ThunderBird as well, but make sure you have installed the latest Thunderbird package.

Protonmail Bridge:
Download the Linux(.deb)

Install Protonmail bridge .deb/Ubuntu

Configure Thunderbird

1 Like

Thanks! I went to the proton site and downloaded it and it does show in my downloads in mint. I do recall someone saying the same thing about the Gdebi? being quirky? Or? That’s why I was reluctant to move forward with that. I appreciate your help and I will work on it some more Until I can get it installed. Appreciate everyone here, you guys are awesome.

2 Likes

proton works just great in a browser. No app needed

2 Likes

Wow, that would be great. So each time I just go do a search in my browser and pull it up. That way it’s not using up memory If I understand this right. Thanks to all you awesome people that are always ready to step up and help everyone. Have a wonderful rest of the day

1 Like

Yep, just bookmark it. I have it bookmarked in every VirtualBox distro I have setup so that I can send files back an forth or send files to users I help from my VMs

2 Likes

Wonderful, thanks! Still getting the lay of the land so trying to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks again

2 Likes

Little confused here as I am also a Proton Mail user and see no reason to attempt to install it
as it is an online email client like Yahoo or Gmail. Isn’t it preferable to just go to log in screen and open it from there?

2 Likes

It’s a preference thing. On my running laptop I probably have 10 emails. They all come in filtered in to Evolution in their own folders, I’m not opening web-pages for a 30 mins.

2 Likes