Having inssues installing MS On My Virtual Machine

By the way, I successfully installed Protonvpn and Protonmail on my surface laptop running 22.04. I also got it up and running on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 via a Github APK. I think I’ll just cool it on my desktop until I get around to upgrading it to 22.04. Now let me try one more time on my ASUS laptop…

1 Like

Hey @Mike19!
I do find the whole process with VMware odd - as I haven’t had issues with it other than a couple of months ago when Arch jumped kernels too fast and VMware did not have the necessary code to implement a module build. This was rectified shortly after.

By the way, the kernel issues during each boot can be seen when you execute the following command:

sudo dmesg

Also, Ubuntu - I believe - has a “Logs” app, which categorizes the system’s logs for you. From standard, to warnings, to errors. Perhaps this can provide some more helpful information.

On the root-owned drive. This one is easy. All we need to do is find out where it’s mounted. First, you’ll need to install Gnome Disks:

sudo apt install gnome-disk-utility

Then run Disks from your Start Menu, select the drive you want and look at which area is the Mount Point. Copy that (I’ll call it /path/to/mount_point below) and execute:

sudo chown -R your_username:your_username /path/to/mount_point

And replace your_username with your actual username. This will fix the permissions and render your drive fully accessible.