Drivers for video (webcam) and/or software for recording

I have cinnamon mint installed on my desktop system. I was trying to use a webcam (Amcrest AWC201-B) to record while at my desk, along with a Blue Yeti microphone.
The video is very poor and jumpy when it records. I’m trying to figure out if I need a better recording program or if I need to get proper drivers. Any direction would be helpful.

Operating System: Linux Mint 20.2
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
Qt Version: 5.12.8
Kernel Version: 5.4.0-94-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM

Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7870 GHz

How do you actually get questions answered? I posted this a year ago. I still have the same issue. Slow and poor recording quality using a webcam.

Sorry Mitch. what recording program in Mint were you using, what’s the end goal of the recording.
Obviously your system has a sufficient resources.
When was the last time you ran and update and upgrade? Reboot?

Hmm. OSB Studio 29.0.0
My system is completely up to date. I rebooted before my original post. And I just update/upgrade/reboot a couple days ago.

Actually, I just tried it again and the video is much better, but I can’t get the audio to record.

First lets check to make sure your mic is detected since it’s USB. open a terminal(CTL+ALT+T). Run lsusb.

If the mic is plugged in, look for it in the output. If mic is not plugged in, plug it(wait about 3-5 seconds) and run lsusb again and see if it is listed in the output.

Did you just update to OSB 29? or fresh install? 29.0 was just released a few days ago. If you had a previous version, might need to run sudo apt purge on it and do a fresh install.

Have you looked under Settings > Sound > Input as well to make sure mic is recognized? Tested it under there? Look through OSB preferences and checked there for the mic as well?

Have you tried using the mic in another plain audio recording application?