Digital Ocean setting up Hosting

Hi Vasileios,

I created the Digital Ocean account and got the Droplet and code. I setup in Terminal but it is stuck at root@ubuntu-s-1vcpu-1gb-nyc1-01:~#
I entered the code but that was correct. Do you know what I am enter here?
Thank you.

1 Like

It isnt stuck there - that is where you start.

What are you wanting to do?
Set up a web server?
Something else?

1 Like

DO has a TON of tutorials.

Here is a Ubuntu server setup.

1 Like

Interesting that you should mention it, as we had a live session in our LMS workshop yesterday, where we did exactly that - well, set up a WordPress app. Were you there?

I was not. What is LMS?

I was with DO in the past but still use their tutorials or their docs to search for answers.

I found it! I just had to start the course again and there it was!

Good morning Vasileios,
I was on the workshop and then watched again yesterday. I want to say there was a step by step there as well when I logged in. I can’t seem to find it and that is what I plan for today. Can you direct my feeble mind to that doc?
And thanks again for you, Jeff, Will and all who present us with all this FOSS!!
Mike

Hi Vasileios,

I apologize for the late reply. I was not on the training but will watch it today. I appreciate your help.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hey wadesmart,

I appreciate the info.
Thank you

1 Like

I don’t know what I am trying to do :grinning: I was just following directions. I think set up a web server. I received the digits but that’s not what the system was asking for. I appreciate your help.

Thank you

1 Like

I create new stuff all the time without knowing why Im doing it HAHA

1 Like

Hello @GrillerMiller!
The step-by-step commands to the Workshop 4 part 2, are all in the final page (Conclusion) of the module. Yesterday, I also added the two PDF files that are the “Cheat Sheets” that Jeff has been speaking of.

In short, the Workshop 4 - part 2, has 5 sections: Intro, Video, Cheat Sheet 1, Cheat Sheet 2, Step-by-Step/Conclusion.

And you are most welcome! We are born free and we are meant to be free!