Desktop Monitor Recommendation Needed

I’m looking to buy a large monitor for my desk I can hook up to various laptops as needed. I’ve read that sometimes you can buy monitors that are just too large and the images transmitted from the laptops will not be clear. Does anyone have a recommendation for something larger than a 24" monitor that, of course, will run with an HDMI cable. Wide screen or curved screen okay, but this is not for gaming. I need it to accommodate some visual acuity problems that come with aging eyes! Just want a good quality, excellent resolution monitor that will plug and play with a laptop. Any suggestions appreciated. I currently have an HP 24" mh that I use for most work now. Just need something larger. Thanks.

Here’s an idea for you to consider. Several years ago I was thinking about a larger monitor and decided to get a 32" TV and an HDMI cable so I could hook it up to my pc and use it as a monitor. I’d observed that TVs are generally a lot less expensive than pc monitors. Since that TV has two HDMI ports, I can alternate between two pcs to use the same monitor, if I wish. I got a non-Smart TV, but you might want the Smart one, for using that way when you’re not using it as a monitor. It’s simply another option to consider.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s a great idea. Double ports would be perfect! I’ll look into it.

1 Like

You’re welcome, famcoll. Since it worked for me, I thought it might be worth your consideration, in case it might work for you too.

1 Like