Computer ran out of battery during update

When i uploaded linux mint xfce afew months ago, i had problems on both my computers with it so gave up for a while. I tried to relook at teh situation but forgot that one of the gliches was it did not show battery levels or warnings, so when it was updating the computer cut out.
It now tells me i must manually run “dpkg–configure-a” to correct the problem and i have forgotten how
Also it says E_cache ->open () failed please report
Can anyone help?
I have even forgotten how to screenshot to make this accurate
thanks

I have at least managed to get on on the linux computer, latitude E5430 so a copy/paste of the problems is

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I have found the right place to put the run command but it says i need superuser privilege?

found out about superuser , run that first command and I get" update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.4.0-107-generic" think its still running, this is last bit Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu1) …
Processing triggers for libglib2.0-0:amd64 (2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.4) …
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.9) …
Processing triggers for ufw (0.36-6ubuntu1) …
Processing triggers for systemd (245.4-4ubuntu3.17) …
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) …
Processing triggers for ca-certificates (20211016~20.04.1) …
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs…
0 added, 0 removed; done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d…

done.
done.
Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.16-2ubuntu2.2) …
Processing triggers for mintsystem (8.5.3) …
Processing triggers for install-info (6.7.0.dfsg.2-5) …
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.24+linuxmint1) …
root@js-Latitude-E5430-non-vPro:~#

managed the software update problem, is the E_cache ->open () failed please report , important?

give the system a full reboot. PLUG it in and run sudo apt update provide your password.
If updates are listed run sudo apt list --upgradable to view the updates
If you’re satisfied with what is to be updated, run sudo apt upgrade and to confirm.