bytzVPN and flagging

I heard Vasileios yesterday mention that he uses multiple VPNs, one of which is bytzVPN. I use that one on Linux Mint and have a question. Yesterday, it was discussed in Linux for Beginners that if you use one of the more popular VPNs it is possible websites will deny your attempts to load them because they know you are on a VPN. One of the reasons I settled on bytzVPN months ago was because I figured it wouldn’t get flagged since it was a new/small service. In fact, recently, I can’t seem to get through to certain sites (mostly financial) unless I drop my VPN temporarily. Is anyone else having this problem with bytzVPN? I know that I can drop my Brave shields and I tried that to get through, but it seems to be the VPN they are after, not the browser blockade. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

That is such the case with most VPN usage. I cannot use my banks services from any VPN that registers outside of the U.S., some sort of a security thing with the bank, UNLESS I specifically tell them that what country I will be in for need of access from.

I hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. You are correct, except that I’m using only the bytzVPN servers within the U.S. and different financial institutions seem to have different levels of security since some don’t flinch and others immediately block. If they can see traffic going thru from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, etc., then it seems they must have flagged bytzVPN or, perhaps, some way to immediately identify any VPN, as it seems to be the same result when I try to run Surfshark using US based servers. Such a conundrum!

1 Like

Have been using Surf Shark and found the exact same issues especially with Corps like Amazon and certainly banking. It is easy enough to disable and reload. I doubt if the issue is the size of the VPN… Oddly one advantage of certain VPN’s is access to Netflix complete
offerings many of which are cut off in American markets…

1 Like

I have my own OpenVPN server set up on a VPS, and am able to login to the financial services I use just fine. I just tried to log in to Amazon and was successful. There are some websites that I can’t access though, like imgur.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. I don’t watch Netflix, but bytzVPN has been great for Britbox. They don’t seem to see it at all.