Browsers on Lineage OS

I’ve got a degoogled Moto G7 Plus, no GAPPS. It came loaded with duck duck go as a search engine, but I can’t figure out what browser it defaults to. LMS.Jeff.pro won’t open on the phone, but requires me to download chrome if I want access. Brave browser wants to download from Play store and the browser app that seems to be preinstalled is Google, which wants me to sign in so that’s not happening. I tried downloading FOSS Browser from fdroid, but it crashes every time I open it. Any ideas how to find out what is the default browser? I know that the Aurora store has a spoofing function to download stuff from play store. Is that the best way to grab Brave for Lineage OS (version 18)? Any help appreciated.

I downloaded Brave from Aurora. I had all of these same problems when learning how to degoogle and found the best help on Jeff’s telegram chat channel. The admins here and there are incredible. Shane and slammingbones can tell you just about anything you need to know in regards to troubleshooting the degoogled phones. Maybe direct message one of them?

1 Like

You can also download Brave, and many other browsers from APKPure, which is an app store. And for finding the default browser in Lineage, go to settings, and search at the top “Default Browser app”

1 Like

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

1 Like