Android SMS/MMS/RCS Apps?

Anyone recommend MMS apps ? I’m trying to find one that supports RCS, that’s not big tech. Also reliable with MMS, group & picture/video sending. I’ve tried QKSMS & Simple… They fail on picture sending…

I’m currently working on one, but its very much an uphill work in progress. Its difficult because there’s so much to incorporate as far as usability and function across so many variables. iMessage for example functions very well, but they can accomplish this because they control all the variables needed to make it work well. Then as a fallback, if an iPhone is messaging a non-iPhone, it just shoots it off as normal SMS/MMS. The problem with RCS is a lot of it still plays with/relys on Google.

1 Like

That’s great. I saw some talks about a Universal Profile with GSMA… But is the only option right now Centralized ? Eco Systems want to watch our every move…

I’ve seen a few things around universal profile, and it sounds like they have released several versions of it, I think latest is like 2.6 but I could be wrong/behind. But I’m not sure how to best implement it all. The big thing that’s a wrench to figure out is removing need for centralized or even decentralized servers to be in the middle. I had the idea, but maybe not realistic, that maybe you could do something end to end where the two end points act as each others server if that makes sense and instead of syncing with a server in between its end to end direct