3840 x 1080 Wallpaper

Does anyone know where you can get some Linux themed 3840 x 1080 wallpaper? Can’t seem to find any good ones for my ultra wide work monitor.

Hey @drewq130,
My recommendation would be to utilize a bit of image processing (like Gimp) for it.
The first step would be to do a DDG search for 3840x1080 wallpaper and find one you like. Then do a search for linux logo png and look for the highest quality files. Grab one you like.

Then, open up Gimp and load up the wide wallpaper you downloaded. After that, drag and drop the PNG file on the opened wallpaper. There, you can play with layers (overlay types) and move it where you’d like (also resize it, do some effects etc.). That’s what I normally do when I don’t find something I enjoy. But then again, I do change wallpapers often!

Vasileios,

Thank you for the reply. I would agree that would be the way to do it, simply because of the lack of any quality wall paper at 3840 x 1080.

1 Like

You are most welcome! Another way would be to find an UHD or 4k wallpaper and then crop it to your dimensions. :slight_smile: