Trying to install garuda os

Hello im very new to Linux and becoming somewhat frustrated lol. last week there i converted my USB into a bootable USB using UNetBootIn and put Ubuntu onto the drive. i restarted my laptop and booted into and installed ubuntu and i run it through legacy. i then deleted windows off my laptop. ive now found another OS Garuda id like to switch to. ive dowloaded the ISO and i reformated the boot drive cleared ubuntu off and wrote garuda onto the drive. when i restart laptop and tell it to boot from usb all i get is a blank screen in the upper left corner i get grub and a flashing underscore, i cannot type anything other then ctrl atl delete to restart and reboot back with Ubuntu. i see a lot of people say to use rufus etc so i need to change the type of boot? very confused but i want garuda installed!!

sounds like you might have corrupted the boot loader … this might help … Grub Boot Loader Repair

Lol feeling very lost… i get the feeling here i may be doing more bad then good, ill just go through my story and see if anyone can offer any ideas from where to start. So i used my USB drive converted it to UNetBootIn so i can install Ubuntu. Im prettty sure i was running through UEFI… had steam running etc, i then started to fiddle around withs things to try and get a certain game and my controllers working. I did one thing in the terminal which made a second terminal icon appear but it was stuck, i thought that seem weird. Turned off the laptop the next day i could not get ubuntu to luanch through uefi, youtubed and now im running Ubunutu through legacy. Im also noticing that legacy picks up hard drive cd rom usb drive etc… my uefi only shows Ubuntu and a lowered case ubuntu, when i try to boot through the 2 im stuck at a minmal grub bashline… what made me really start to tinker we i downloaded command and conquer remastered from steam, id run it get a splash window to choose command and conquer or red alert and then nothing happens, after searching the web i came across garuda os and i very much want to switch to that one and clear everything else off the harddrive. I know im pretty slow when it comes to the command lines etc… ive also noticed on my hard drive ive got like 4 partitions… 2 i beleive have unbuntu on it which im thinking is uefi? Neither of them luanch and one i cant get into unless i enter password. The 3 partition just says bios with unknown data and my 4th partiton says filesystem which i beleive is the kernal or brain of linux? As im stating im very confused :face_exhaling:

Im not understanding how to work this boot repair disk. Ive got it on my usb and does the samething as the garuda i get a grub screen with flashing underscore and no responce… in legacy i can acess hard drive usb etc… but in uefi usb or hard drive and cd does not show up, how can i access this to have the boot repair do its thing?.. this is frustrating me to no end :face_exhaling:

Well i cant load ubuntu now i cant even get a desktop going … im getting the vibe mt laptop may be a lost cause now, it wont do anything now

The RUFUS they speak of is the program you put on the USB drive. So you would have to reformat the USB (flash/thumb) drive then get Rufus or personally i prefer ETCHER (balena etcher) once it is loaded…then load your Garuda onto it.

As a new user, not quite sure why you landed on Garuda other than looks -as it is generally a higher end user OS?