Firewall with VPN set up?

Hey, George!
You can easily shoot me either a private message here, or contact me directly in the LMS. I answer questions from there too. :wink:

2 Likes

@George All I can say is keep going. You CAN do it. :+1:

1 Like

@myundividedlife
You must know me, because I need to hear that!. Thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Hating on it, at the moment.

The pdf that V gave us in lms has mistakes, the spacing cant be straight copied into the terminal. Stuck on the chown -R vpnuser/home/vpnuser (yes vpnuser is change to my name).

My ā€˜friendā€™ that offered to hold my hand has been drunk both nights, so progress is slow.

yep. Its hateful cuz you may not have a background of options to try because its new. No skills yet to draw from. But, once you have a few accomplishments under your belt you have a lotta things to try on your own. BUt whats nice is nobody judges you here for getting stuck or off track. Take a brain break from it and you wil be ready for working with Vasileios and his guidance. :blush:

1 Like

@myundividedlife
@vasileios
Yeah, no background knowledge to work from. At least I got to play ā€˜VIM adventuresā€™ , up to level 3 to see how VIM works.
Would have been nice to have a ā€˜VSP to VPN adventuresā€™ to know what was required.
Meanwhile, I will keep going. Thanks for your post. :grinning:

Donā€™t know what to say other than, there are many mistakes in the Private VPN pdf

1 Like

lol love it! Looking forward to your success.

1 Like

@vasileios how do you sent a private message? thanks

I canā€™t follow your video and Private VPN pdf.
You jump from one thing to another because you made multiple mistakes, why make so many mistakes? I find it confusing, instead of straight forward.

ā€œItā€™s not that hard.ā€

Just click on my avatar and select ā€œMessage.ā€

1 Like

The reason I did it was to cover all the angles of issues that many would fall under. That is what I wanted to intentionally illustrate as several distros handle issues differently. If you want to have all the on-the-spot steps, thereā€™s a PDF file attached to the course. You can find it on the top right of your screen, under ā€œFilesā€.

1 Like

Hey @George,
In the intro of the video I also explain that I am going at it for the first time - which is the best way to encounter issues and solve them on the fly. This is something worth doing when the video is not long, so I didnā€™t even think of doing it for the latest one (number 24) where the video is one hour long! I only allowed it as a test for the email reputation part, so that people know what to be aware of. The PDF in it also includes all the final and correct steps.

It wouldnā€™t be wise to record (and not edit out) unintentional mistakes now, would it?

1 Like

Hey @George,
Can you please pinpoint the areas you believe have errors?

Thank you!

1 Like

My ā€œversionā€ of Brave installation is simply a scripted version of the exact official commands.

On the VPN side, if it does mean a lot to you indeed, then you should invest in alternatives (I have 3 providers in addition to my own). Besides, weā€™re not here to compare whoā€™s bigger and whoā€™s not.

Weā€™re here to work together toward a - hopefully - better future.

And it all begins with a good disposition. Nobodyā€™s perfect. Not us humans, at least.

3 Likes