Email without full server?

@vasileios I have been watching the LMS full server lesson a few times getting familiar with the process of setting up a full server and wondered If you dont want a web page do you still need to add in wordpress? So it would not be afull server but still an email server. If so can we have a lesson on that type of server too?

Mariangela

Hey @myundividedlife!
Yes, you can simply keep your server as an email one. You can safely bypass the Wordpress Installation and just keep your system as an email server. All you’ll need to do is simply block the ports 80 (http) and 443 (https) on your firewall:

firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --remove-port=80/tcp
firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --remove-port=443/tcp

The commands are different than the UFW, since CyberPanel comes with FirewallD.

Awesome!@vasileios . I havent decided which one to do but may do both for the experience. I have a web page to move to my own server just not ready to put my time into that yet because I have alot of changes I want to make with it. I really want to get off gmail.

So I can have just an email server then. But if I understand this right and I make a full server, I can have web page building ability with WP but could also have just a personal email running on that full server with no web page . Then I could have my web page with its email going too on the full server. So on a full server email accounts do not need to be connected to a web page?

1 Like

When you build an email server, it will need to have a website as a domain assigner - even if it’s a parked page. That’s why I recommended the “Under Construction” plugin. Once you do that, you will be able to utilize your email server normally for an unlimited amount of addresses. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I understand what you are saying. :grinning: I will check back in when I get going on this in a week or so to let you know how it went. I am looking forward to figuring this out.

1 Like

And I’ll be here if you need anything. Now that the festive season is getting over, I’ll be more available. :slight_smile:

1 Like